Spoken Word Poetry

Thursday 28 February 2013

Death by Absinthe




They say Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. At least I think that’s what they say. There has been a lot of nonsense spoken about the drink in the past. Some have said it is such a lethal drink that you can only take one glass for more might kill you. It is of course a myth. Absinthe is no more potent, no more dangerous than any other drink.
It is commonly referred to in historical literature as "la fée verte" (the green fairy). Although it is sometimes mistakenly referred to as a liqueur absinthe is not traditionally bottled with added sugar, and is therefore classified as a spirit. Absinthe is traditionally bottled at a high level of alcohol by volume is normally diluted with water prior to being consumed. It has a taste of aniseed. It is one of Vicar Linkthorpe’s favourite drinks.
Here are two posters featuring the drink that I find charming. 


 
Bon appetit!

.
.
.
aNOtHEr sIp FRoM ThE mURkY gREeN bREw.

2 comments:

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

Somehow there is always beautiful artwork when it comes to absinthe.
You know, I wonder if a shot of absinthe would do me good right now (not that I have access to any) or if it would just make me worse. I'm feeling in an exceedingly sour mood, the worst that's hit me in awhile. I may explain later, or not, as the case may be.

Russell CJ Duffy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.