Spoken Word Poetry

Friday 24 April 2009

Arthur Haynes






Arthur Haynes: a Londoner, born in Fulham on 19th May 1914. Not a name that means much nowadays but back when I was younger,during the late fifities and early sixties, Arthur Haynes was a famed television comedian whose programme, The Arthur Haynes Show, ran from ninteen fifty seven until nineteen sixty six which was also the year of his death.

The thing I remember him for was playing the part of a tramp often supported by another incredible actress, Patricia Hayes who would perform as the female tramp equivalent. Although my memories of the actual content are foggy, the idea of having a tramp who was posh struck me as very funny indeed. A character for Fekenham me thinks.




.
.
.
aNOtHEr dIp INtO ThE mAGpIE mEMOrY pOOoL.








1 comment:

Wastedpapiers said...

One of my favourites too from that era.

Here's a clip on YouTube.