Spoken Word Poetry

Sunday 17 January 2021

Heart Break

. . All poems are copyright of the poet. Permission for this poet to post their work here has been granted by blog owner. All rights remain with the individual poet and their respective publisher.


Click to Enlarge 

Background image copyright Open Clipart Vectors on Pixabay

Text art copyright Cara Hartley

You are welcome to share it, but please credit me

 

https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2020/10/05/wordle-209-3/

http://www.octpowrimo.com/2020/10/octpowrimo-day-5.html

 

you know its the notes

I am entire buckets of trash when it comes to making shape poems. I can make three kinds of shape poems: Triangles, diamonds, and funnels. So, from now on, when someone says; "shape poem," I'm doing text art. I may also be entire buckets of trash when it comes to text art, but I don't think my text art rates quite as many trash buckets as my attempts at shape poems.

It's probably obvious that the "space oddity" line is an homage to David Bowie.

I created this poem for OctPoWriMo 2020. It is going to be included in my third poetry volume, December Mood, which will be published on my 56th birthday this year. That's the day after Valentine's Day, which shall henceforth be known as The Day of the Resting Bitch Face That Never Rests. Get ready for it!

 

No comments: