Spoken Word Poetry

Tuesday 21 October 2008

Miniatures


Fabulously eccentric LP I found at Brick Lane market in the East End of London some year ago. Compiled and initiated by Morgan Fisher who asked many of his friends and associates in the music and arts to donate a track of not more than 60 seconds. The resulting cornucopia of different genres and sounds is a joy to behold- ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous and involving such diverse talents as Ivor Cutler,Ollie Halsall,Neil Innes, The Residents and Henry Cow. 51 artists in all.


Here's the first 16 tracks-

1. ollie halsall & john halsey / bum love
2. the residents / we're a happy family + bali ha'i
3. roger mcgough / the wreck of the hesperus
4. morgan fisher / green and pleasant
5. john otway / mine tonight
6. pete challis & phil diplock / my way
7. robert wyatt / rangers in the nightst
8. stinky winkles / opus
9. mary longford / body language
10. andy 'thunderclap' newman / andy the dentist
11. david bedford / wagner's ring in one minute
12. fred frith / the entire works of henry cow
13. maggie nicols / look beneath the surface
14. joseph racaille / week-end
15. the work vwith wings pressed back
16. neil innes & son / cum on feel the noize

5 comments:

Mick Bordet said...

Nice find!

More, please!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I have an album somewhere with Ollie Halsall and John Halsey on. I think it was Patto.
Roger Mcgough is always worthy as is/was (?) John Otway. Neil Inees and Son? Really? Fabulous.

On another note, I am having trouble copying Sir Henry at Rawlisons End. According to my son, modern day DVD's are so encoded to prevent theft. I understand all that but I don't want to make money but simply copy the damn thing for free for a mate. Sorry!

Wastedpapiers said...

I remember Patto from old Peel sessions. Lots of people on there that are firmiliar but I never actually went out and bought there records - mainly because i wasa poor art student living on a measly grant at the time.

No matter about the DVD - I guess I'll have to drop that note to Santa after all!

Roger the Saurus said...

Sounds great. Any chance of an upload somewhere?

Wastedpapiers said...

I'll see what i can do Roger. Its the least i can do after all your exellent Viv Stansall uploads.