Spoken Word Poetry

Thursday 18 March 2010

Four worms and a lesson learned






The Church of Ireland minister Rev. Paul Hewitt decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars.

The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.

The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.

The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.

The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.

At the conclusion of the sermon, the Rev. Hewitt reported the following results:

The first worm in alcohol- Dead



The second worm in cigarette smoke - Dead




Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead





Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Rev Paul Hewitt asked the congregation -

What did you learn from this demonstration???





Maxine sitting in the back, quickly raised her hand and said,



'As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!'


That pretty much ended the service.

.
.
.
aNOtHEr dIp INtO ThE mAGpIE mEMOrY pOOoL.

8 comments:

Doctor FTSE said...

Ace!
(Where do jokes come from? Anyone know anyone who created one?)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Very funny!
And no, sadly I don't know anyone who created a joke although I suspect we wll do at times.

Doctor FTSE said...

O.K Here's my effort.

After my last annual checkup at the opticians, I thought I'd better visit the Incontinence Clinic. The optician told me I was starting a cataract.

Kath said...

I don't know if you are like us, but we often get the most laughs out of a joke which is so cringeing awful that it so funny, if that makes sense.my son used to make up jokes when he was small and because no-one could "get" his humour we found it funny anyway.

Jinksy said...

A worm in a sermon
would sure set me squirmin'
and put me in no mood
for religious learnin'.

Kath said...

hee hee, I like that!

Doctor FTSE said...

Jinksy sees all of life in rhyme.
She does! She does it all the time!
Like water from a leaky tap,
her rhyming never takes a nap.
She turns up here, she turns up there.
She turns up almost everywhere.
No blog is safe from Jinksy's pen
Look up there! There she goes again!
She makes rhymes out of worms in cans.
Lost count of her vast horde of fans!

Jinksy said...

As I've mentioned elsewhere :-

A dripping tap
a ripping trap
a tapping trip
a tipping drap;
just three words
are fun for nerds.

It's a kind of Chinese water torture, the Jinksy way...